The goal of ArkansasWriters.com is to help writers know what’s going on in the writing community in Arkansas and neighboring states.
To succeed in this goal, we need writers to send us information.
Tell us about the workshops and conferences you are involved in.
Tell us about your publications and book launches.
And, because you are writers, please send your information in press release form that can be published with a minimum of editing.
Photos are always welcome–NOT huge dpi suitable for printing. Web images of 72dpi work better.
ARTICLES AND ANNOUNCEMENTS
Send your news announcements to maevemaddox-at-gmail.com/.
Do not send attachments. Drop the article/directory information directly into the email. Attachments will not be opened.
- Write in third person and complete sentence
- Be as brief as possible without leaving out essential information.
- Include a link to a more detailed account.
- Photos are welcome, but not required.
- Promote yourself shamelessly, as long as you reference an upcoming event or publication that makes your submission newsworthy.
- Allow enough lead-time to give an unpaid editor time to read and post your story in a timely fashion.
I had a journalism prof who frequently told his students, “Who tooteth not his own horn, said horn will go untooted.”
Few writers have PR agents to sing their praises. Most writers must do their own publicizing.
Subscribers to Arkansas Writers are invited to submit one puff-piece to trumpet their publishing accomplishments.
Maximum length: 500 words.