Vicki Law of the Rocky Mountain Fiction Writers sends this announcement:
The entry deadline for the Sandy Writing Contest sponsored by Crested Butte Writers is
February 12, 2012.
The 2012 Sandy Final Judges are:
- Romance – Sue Grimshaw, Editor at Large & Category Specialist for Ballantine & Bantam Dell
- Mainstream Adult Fiction – Kevan Lyon, Agent at Marsal Lyon Literary Agency
- Suspense / Thriller / Mystery – Kat Brzozowski, Assistant Editor at Thomas Dunne Books
- Fantasy / Science Fiction – James Frenkel, Editor at Tor / Forge
- Children’s & YA – Mary Kole, Agent at Andrea Brown Literary Agency
This writers’ organization is in Colorado, but the contest seems to be open to anyone. There is an entry fee and the prizes are not significant, but entrants whose MSS reach the final judges will benefit from professional comments on their entries.
For more information and rules for entering, please see their website: crestedbuttewriters.org