For 42 years, Nimrod has hosted an in-person, all-day writing conference in conjunction with the publication of our fall issue. This year’s in-person events have been cancelled owing to the pandemic, but a virtual creative writing program will be offered.
This year’s programming will feature several months of craft talks/writing workshops, Q&As, readings, and more. More offerings will be added as they become available.
First session September 23
- Ask Us Anything: Editing and Publishing Q&A with Cassidy McCants and Eilis O’Neal
- Word by Word with Britton Gildersleeve and Keely Record
- End Words Are a Beginning with Francine Ringold
- Stillness in Fiction with Katy Mullins and Anita Trimbur
- Windows & Doors & Things: Building Relationships with the Material World in Isolation and Solitude with Kimberly Ann Priest
- Going In, Reaching Out: The Eternal Search of Ecstatic Poets with Scott Chalupa
- The 2021 Pablo Neruda Prize for Poetry: A Reading with Emily Rose Cole, Geffrey Davis, and Julie Marie Wade
- The 2021 Katherine Anne Porter Prize for Fiction: A Reading with Celine Aenlle-Rocha, Rilla Askew, and Paula Closson Buck
Complete details here.