Submissions Open for 2023 Perkoff Prize for Writing About Health and Medicine
The Perkoff Prize is a tri-genre contest that awards $1000 and publication each to writers of the best story, set of poems, and essay that engage in evocative ways with health and medicine as judged by the editors.The submission deadline is April 1, 2023.
- All submissions must engage with health and medicine in some way.
- All submissions must be previously unpublished.
- Poetry: up to 10 pages of poetry.
- Fiction and Nonfiction: up to 8500 words, double-spaced.
- Winners will be published in print issue of TMR.
- All entries will be considered for publication (whether in print, or as part of our Poem of the Week or Blast features).
- Multiple submissions and simultaneous submissions are welcome, but you must pay a separate fee for each entry and withdraw the piece immediately if accepted elsewhere.
- Current University of Missouri students and faculty are ineligible.
- Standard Entry fee: $15. Each entrant receives a one-year subscription to the Missouri Review in digital format (normal price $24).
- “All Access” Entry fee: $30. In addition to the one-year digital subscription to the Missouri Review, the “All Access” entry fee grants access to the last 10 years of digital issues and the audio recordings of each digital issue.
Go here to submit online or by mail.